What is Detentions?
Detentions is an online behaviour management tool for schools. Teachers can use the app to issue detentions to students online to address any behaviour issues that occur in the classroom. Parents and students are instantly notified when a detention has been issued and teachers and SLT can keep track of detentions across the school thanks to custom reports and attendance tracking within the Detentions app.
Minimise classroom disruptions
Ongoing disruptions within the classroom can negatively impact students’ learning and teachers’ wellbeing which is why it’s important to address poor behaviour as it happens. By issuing detentions quickly, students are aware of their misdemeanours and the time in detention can be used to help address behavioural issues.
- Set detentions online quickly
- Issue detentions in line with behaviour policy
- Include the reason and duration of detention
- Notify students and parents of detentions instantly
Teach students accountability
In order for student discipline to be effective, they need to learn from their mistakes with appropriate teacher support. Detentions supports students in taking responsibility for their actions, providing them with the information they need to attend detentions on time so they can use the time effectively.
- Students can see upcoming detentions from their Timetable
- Paperless detentions mean no more lost detention slips
- Parents are instantly notified when a detention is issued
- Students are told the date, time, room, duration and reason for the detention
Streamline behaviour management
The admin surrounding detentions and behaviour management can be time-consuming and tedious. It’s for this reason we’ve automated the detention setting process and surrounding reports so staff can set detentions in seconds and SLT can gather all necessary data to report on behaviour in a few simple steps.
- Record student detention attendance on the platform
- Receive automated, scheduled reports on detentions to your inbox
- Writeback all detention data to SIMS
- Set up detentions to replicate your school’s escalation policy
Provide praise alongside detentions
Detentions is available as an independent app where all data can be written back to SIMS. It is also available as part of our wider behaviour management app collection: Behaviour Management Suite. Here you can praise students, issue detentions online and automate even more of the admin associated with behaviour management.
- Reinforce positive student behaviour with Behaviour
- Follow school escalation policy with Referred Incidents
- Reprimand negative actions with online Detentions
- Automate disciplinary outcomes for students with Sanctions
- Part of the award-winning learning platform, Satchel One
- Use seamlessly alongside Satchel One apps
- A behaviour management solution for Teams and Classroom users
- Writeback all data direct to SIMS
- Hold students accountable for their actions with parent notifications
- Support teacher wellbeing and student development
Live weekly Detentions walk-through
We’re hosting a weekly, no strings attached, product walk-through of our behaviour management tools, Behaviour and Detentions. Schools can see for themselves the features, benefits and how easy they are to use. In the walk-through we’ll explore:
- Assigning Behaviour points and Custom Badges online
- Behaviour and Detentions tracking and reports
- Issuing Detentions online and recording attendance
- Communicating behaviour news with parents
- Escalating more serious incidents
- Integrations between Behaviour and Detentions
- The full Behaviour Management Suite (SIMS schools)
To join the walk-through, sign up using the calendar booking system.
Used by 1 in 3 UK secondary schools
We’re partners to 1 in 3 secondary schools across the UK, join the Satchel One community today.
Borden Grammar School
Harris Academy South Norwood
The Habs Boys' School
Sir John Lawes
St Bonaventure's School
Thorpe St Andrew School
Award winning software
Our innovation and development has garnered industry recognition and, since 2014, we’ve been award-winning every year.
School Business Category
Edtech Innovator of the Year
Whole School Aids for Learning, Teaching & Assessment
Secondary Resource or Equipment - Including ICT
Education Company of the Year
Digital Innovation in the Public Sector
EdtechXRise All Stars award
Speak to the team today!
Whether you’re looking for pricing, a quick demo and login details or more detailed information about getting your school set up, the team will be on hand to help. Fill in the form or give us a call on 020 7197 9550 option 1.